Asparagus Soup with Herbs Recipe
The fresh flavor of herbs shines through in this special soup. Because it calls for frozen asparagus, you can make it any time of year.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed
- Sour cream and chopped tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, parsley, carrot, basil, tarragon, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cut asparagus into 1-in. pieces; set tips aside. Add asparagus pieces to saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Puree soup in batches in a blender. Return to the saucepan. Stir in asparagus tips; cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Garnish with sour cream and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 114 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Asparagus Soup with Herbs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC