Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute onions in butter for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add asparagus, broth and seasonings; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add rice. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Asparagus Soup(4)
Sort By :
Asparagus has always intrigued me as a child and also as an adult. Can something that looks so much like a tree actually taste good?!
But it does! And it's delicious in this soup!
I have a tendency to overcook asparagus so don't do that!! Otherwise all you have is mush!
We often add chicken. And mushrooms are a no-no in our house so you can easily customize!!
It tastes good with a fruity-flavored muffin hot out of the oven.
Loved it! Brought it to school to share and got rave reviews. I didn't have wild rice on hand so I used a packaged of uncle ben's ready whole grain medley, microwave and it's 2 cups. This will be added to my soup recipes. Thanks for sharing!!!
This was very tasty. I would modify it a little by cutting down on the broth and adding more wild rice. It was a hit here for dinner tonight!
bland needs more of a cream base I really had to doctor it up to make it somewhat taste good, not very impressed
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >