I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but being an asparagus lover, I knew I'd like it. I've tried it out on several guests and all have enjoyed it.
-Patricia Patton, Jal, New Mexico
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed and well drained
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg white
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, cheese, mayonnaise and onion.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white on medium speed until soft peaks
- form. Fold into asparagus mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 376 calories, 35 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.