Asparagus Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water; cook until very tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and pepper; pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain and place over beef mixture.
- Drain potatoes; mash with milk, butter, sage and salt. Spread over the asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
Delicious. I used cream of celery as well; I'm sure any would work. I actually forgot about cutting the asparagus in pieces and just laid them down in a line over the beef. Yum!
My family loves this recipe!
Really great tasting recipe.
Made this tonight, subbed cream of celery instead of cream of asparagus soup and used instant potatoes. YUMMO!! Will be a regular in our house.
This was a great dish. I could not find the cream of asparaagus soup so I used low fat cream of celery soup. I also used instant mashed potatoes to speed things up.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >