- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water; cook until very tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and pepper; pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain and place over beef mixture.
- Drain potatoes; mash with milk, butter, sage and salt. Spread over the asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"Really good! Will definitely make this again. Maybe add some broccoli, too. I forgot to cut the asparagus up and just laid it across the beef mixture but it turned out fine. I might add just a smidgen more of the seasonings for added flavor."
"Delicious. I used cream of celery as well; I'm sure any would work. I actually forgot about cutting the asparagus in pieces and just laid them down in a line over the beef. Yum!"
"My family loves this recipe!"
"Made this tonight, subbed cream of celery instead of cream of asparagus soup and used instant potatoes. YUMMO!! Will be a regular in our house."
"This was a great dish. I could not find the cream of asparaagus soup so I used low fat cream of celery soup. I also used instant mashed potatoes to speed things up."