Asparagus Sesame Rolls
These attractive appetizers from Donna Folk of Berwick, Pennsylvania are easy to prepare but look like you fussed. A creamy filling and crunchy sesame seeds complement the fresh flavor of the asparagus.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 fresh asparagus spears
- 6 bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Trim asparagus spears to 6 in. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a
- small bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until combined. Spread
- over bread; top with an asparagus spear and roll up tightly.
- Roll in butter; place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with
- cooking spray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for
- 14-16 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Yield: 1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat butter) equals 154 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.