These attractive appetizers from Donna Folk of Berwick, Pennsylvania are easy to prepare but look like you fussed. A creamy filling and crunchy sesame seeds complement the fresh flavor of the asparagus.
Recommended: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
- 6 fresh asparagus spears
- 6 bread slices, crusts removed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Trim asparagus spears to 6 in. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until combined. Spread over bread; top with an asparagus spear and roll up tightly.
- Roll in butter; place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Yield: 1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Asparagus Sesame Rolls in Cooking for 2
Reviews for Asparagus Sesame Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2013
"These always get rave reviews from friends. I add chopped fresh herbs to the cheeses. One dozen is rarely enough!"