Asparagus Scallop Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. If scallops are large, cut in half and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, chicken broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and celery in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture and set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, stir-fry scallops in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Stir chicken broth mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without rice) equals 294 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,153 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Scallop Stir-Fry
"I don't like scallops but my family said it was a keeper! Very easy to make."
"This recipe was great! iadded red pepper flakes to the sauce and a little lemon juice on the cooked vegetables. I can not wait to make it again!"
"Very good! I added red pepper flakes along w/ the almonds for an extra kick."
"I loved this recipe. I left out the almonds and added carrots, and it was wonderful."
"OMG, this was awesome. It was easy to make and was absolutely fantastic. I made it exactly as the recipe called for. According to my boyfriend this recipe is definately a keeper."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.