Asparagus Sausage Crepes Recipe
This was my favorite recipe when I was growing up in western Michigan, where asparagus is a big spring crop. With its sausage-and-cheese filling, tender asparagus and rich sour cream topping, this pretty dish will impress guests. -Lisa Hanson Glenview, Illinois
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 32 fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and marjoram; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs and oil. Combine flour and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 4. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture onto the center of each crepe. Top with two asparagus spears. Roll up; place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- 5. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Combine the butter and sour cream; spoon over crepes. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 387 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC