- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 32 fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and marjoram; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs and oil. Combine flour and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture onto the center of each crepe. Top with two asparagus spears. Roll up; place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Combine the butter and sour cream; spoon over crepes. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Sausage Crepes
Sort By :
"This is one of my family’s favorite recipes and I make it every couple of months. I use ground hot Italian sausage and usually double the recipe, but for this single recipe, I increase the cheese to one cup. For the topping, I increase the Monterey Jack cheese and Sour Cream to 1 ½ cups each, omitting the butter. You could use premade crepes, but they are pretty easy to make and taste better, just not as fast. Delicious!"
"Excellent recipe! Use low fat cream cheese and turkey sausage to cut back on calories!"