- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) pink salmon, drained, boned and flaked
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain well. Reserve six spears for garnish; cut remaining spears into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Set aside.
- In small bowl, mix eggs, milk, parsley, basil, salt and salmon. Add sauted onion. Place cut asparagus in pastry shell; top with salmon mixture. Arrange reserved asparagus spears, spoke fashion, on top. Cover edges of crust with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Salmon Pie in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p67
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Salmon Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review