This salad’s a little sweet, a little savory and very refreshing. Healthy asparagus boasts anti-inflammatory nutrients and vitamins A, B and C. It’s fabulous grilled; you’ll want to fix this again! —Jenne Delkus, Des Peres, Missouri
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 hard-cooked egg, cut into eight wedges
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the syrup, mustard, oil and dill; set aside.
- Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, drizzle asparagus with 1 tablespoon dressing; toss to coat. Arrange asparagus on a grilling grid; place on the grill rack with salmon. Spoon 1 tablespoon dressing over salmon.
- Grill salmon and asparagus, covered, for 4-6 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is crisp-tender, turning asparagus once.
- Divide salad greens among four plates and sprinkle with carrots. Remove skin from salmon. Arrange the egg wedges, asparagus and salmon over salads. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Salad with Grilled Salmon in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asparagus Salad with Grilled Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review