This salad’s a little sweet, a little savory and very refreshing. Healthy asparagus boasts anti-inflammatory nutrients and vitamins A, B and C. It’s fabulous grilled; you’ll want to fix this again! —Jenne Delkus, Des Peres, Missouri
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 hard-cooked egg, cut into eight wedges
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the syrup, mustard, oil and dill; set aside.
- Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, drizzle asparagus with 1 tablespoon dressing; toss to coat. Arrange asparagus on a grilling grid; place on the grill rack with salmon. Spoon 1 tablespoon dressing over salmon.
- Grill salmon and asparagus, covered, for 4-6 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is crisp-tender, turning asparagus once.
- Divide salad greens among four plates and sprinkle with carrots. Remove skin from salmon. Arrange the egg wedges, asparagus and salmon over salads. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Salad with Grilled Salmon in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asparagus Salad with Grilled Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2013
"Our new favorite summer fish dish! We used Tuna steak very, very good! Next time I would double the dressing ingredients."