These roll-ups are simply divine. A friend shared the recipe after serving them at a church brunch, where they disappeared fast. They make a unique finger food, a side dish at supper or a lovely lunch served with soup.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 16 fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 16 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus
- in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Combine the cream cheese, bacon and
- chives; spread 1 tablespoonful on each slice of bread. Top with an
- asparagus spear. Roll up tightly; place seam side down on a greased
- baking sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cut roll-ups in half. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.