Asparagus Quiche Recipe
There's nothing I like better than getting all my housework done and "cooking up a storm" in the kitchen. I was raised in a farming community that had many asparagus growers. So I've always made sure that there's an ample supply of asparagus in my freezer! My husband is a grain farmer, and we have four grown children and 13 grandchildren.
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Bake crust at 425° for 6-7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Cook the asparagus spears in a small amount of water until tender. Drain and cool. Set aside three spears for garnish; cut the remaining asparagus into 1/2-in. pieces. Combine the asparagus pieces and onions; add flour and toss. Pour into crust; sprinkle with cheese. Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, basil and cayenne; pour over asparagus mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Split the reserved asparagus spears lengthwise and arrange, cut side down, in a wheel pattern on top of filling. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Quiche in Country Woman March/April 1991, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Quiche(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >