Asparagus Puff Pizza
You can prepare this homemade pizza in less time than it takes to bake a frozen one. "It relies on a prebaked crust, so it's ready in a jiffy," notes Norma Shouse of Zephyrhills, Florida. For extra flavor, season the asparagus with garlic salt, basil and thyme before arranging in a pretty sunburst pattern.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 egg whites
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a
- saucepan; cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain
- on paper towel.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; arrange asparagus on
- top. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese and mustard; mix
- well. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold
- into mayonnaise mixture; spread over asparagus.
- Bake at 450° for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into
- wedges; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 276 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.