Asparagus Puff Pizza Recipe
You can prepare this homemade pizza in less time than it takes to bake a frozen one. "It relies on a prebaked crust, so it's ready in a jiffy," notes Norma Shouse of Zephyrhills, Florida. For extra flavor, season the asparagus with garlic salt, basil and thyme before arranging in a pretty sunburst pattern.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 egg whites
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan; cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; arrange asparagus on top. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese and mustard; mix well. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into mayonnaise mixture; spread over asparagus.
- Bake at 450° for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Puff Pizza in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p22
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asparagus Puff Pizza(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review