- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan or soup kettle, combine the potatoes, asparagus, onion, celery, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the butter.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cream, milk, salt and pepper until smooth; add to the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with bacon and cheese. Yield: 6-7 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Potato Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p22
Reviews for Asparagus Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2010
"I completely cut the salt from the recipe - it doesn't need any with the bacon, cheese and bouillon added. And I added garlic. Super yummy!!"
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2010
"I used fat free half and half in place of the whipping cream and 2% milk . It was still good."