Asparagus Polonaise Recipe
My mother keeps us supplied with fresh asparagus from the huge patch she grows, and I am always looking for new ways to prepare it. I found this recipe in our local newspaper, and it has been a family favorite ever since.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 slices white or whole wheat bread, crumbled
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1. In a skillet, melt butter; saute bread crumbs until golden. Stir in the egg, parsley and salt.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain and transfer to a platter. Spoon topping over asparagus. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 100 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Polonaise
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC