My mother keeps us supplied with fresh asparagus from the huge patch she grows, and I am always looking for new ways to prepare it. I found this recipe in our local newspaper, and it has been a family favorite ever since.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 slices white or whole wheat bread, crumbled
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a skillet, melt butter; saute bread crumbs until golden. Stir in the egg, parsley and salt.
- Meanwhile, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain and transfer to a platter. Spoon topping over asparagus. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Polonaise in Country Extra March 1991, p47
Reviews for Asparagus Polonaise
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review