- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 slices white or whole wheat bread, crumbled
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a skillet, melt butter; saute bread crumbs until golden. Stir in the egg, parsley and salt.
- Meanwhile, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain and transfer to a platter. Spoon topping over asparagus. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Polonaise
"After reading another reviewer's question, I should add we use three slices of fresh bread, usually Nature's own white wheat."
"This is our favorite asparagus recipe - even asparagus haters enjoy it! Perfect for special occasions and company worthy. Great recipe."
"I use 3 slices of whole wheat bread, coarsely crumbled. This works very well for me, so I suspect it was the original intended amount in the recipe. I think this is an elegant presentation for asparagus and a nice complement to the taste as well."
"Would like to try this recipe, but bread quantity is vague . . . are these slices of bread cut or cubed? In directions it says bread crumbs . . . would it be 3 Tablespoons of bread crumbs. Please advise."