Asparagus Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, asparagus and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and asparagus is tender; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 10-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until smooth. Pour over meat mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 173 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Pie
"I love this recipe! It's so easy, and very good. It's a nice meal to take to new moms, too."