I look forward to making this dish each spring with fresh asparagus. It makes for a pretty presentation on a brunch buffet.Deneen St. Amour, Hammonton, New Jersey
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, asparagus and onion over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink and asparagus is tender; drain.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until
- smooth. Pour over meat mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium,