Asparagus Pie Recipe
I look forward to making this dish each spring with fresh asparagus. It makes for a pretty presentation on a brunch buffet.—Deneen St. Amour, Hammonton, New Jersey
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, asparagus and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and asparagus is tender; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 10-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until smooth. Pour over meat mixture.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 173 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC