I look forward to making this dish each spring with fresh asparagus. It makes for a pretty presentation on a brunch buffet.—Deneen St. Amour, Hammonton, New Jersey
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, asparagus and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and asparagus is tender; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until smooth. Pour over meat mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p280
Reviews for Asparagus Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2012
"I love this recipe! It's so easy, and very good. It's a nice meal to take to new moms, too."