Asparagus Phyllo Bake Recipe
I'm Greek and grew up wrapping everything in phyllo. When asparagus is in season, I bring out the phyllo and start baking. — Bonnie Geavaras-Bootz, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 inches)
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 30 seconds or just until asparagus turns bright green. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. In a large bowl, mix eggs, cheeses and seasonings; stir in almonds and asparagus.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brush a 13x9-in. baking dish with some of the butter. Unroll phyllo dough. Layer eight sheets of phyllo in prepared dish, brushing each with butter. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.
- Spread ricotta mixture over phyllo layers. Top with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each with butter. Cut into 12 rectangles. Bake 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Phyllo Bake in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Phyllo Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
Very good. I enjoyed this recipe, next time I may add a little feta cheese.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >