Asparagus Pepper Salad
I made up this recipe when I needed a last-minute potluck dish and I had a lot of asparagus on hand. This salad went over so well that I serve it again and again. No one seems to get tired of it.
Beverly Scalise of Bend, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 2 green onions (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat raspberry salad dressing
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and
- boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice
- water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine the peppers, onions and asparagus. Drizzle with
- salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours
- before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 73 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.