Asparagus Pepper Salad Recipe
I made up this recipe when I needed a last-minute potluck dish and I had a lot of asparagus on hand. This salad went over so well that I serve it again and again. No one seems to get tired of it. —Beverly Scalise of Bend, Oregon
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 2 green onions (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat raspberry salad dressing
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the peppers, onions and asparagus. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 73 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Asparagus Pepper Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC