I made up this recipe when I needed a last-minute potluck dish and I had a lot of asparagus on hand. This salad went over so well that I serve it again and again. No one seems to get tired of it. —Beverly Scalise of Bend, Oregon
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 2 green onions (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat raspberry salad dressing
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine the peppers, onions and asparagus. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Pepper Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p31
Reviews for Asparagus Pepper Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review