This egg dish was created at the spur of the moment when my son wanted quiche one morning. I used whatever ingredients I had on hand, and this was the delicious result.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake at 450° for about 8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove from oven and discard foil. Set crust aside. Place asparagus in a small saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain thoroughly; toss with Swiss cheese, chicken, 1/4 cup pecans, onion and flour. Spoon into baked crust. Combine cream, eggs, mustard, salt and hot pepper sauce; pour over asparagus mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining pecans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus-Pecan Quiche in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p55
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus-Pecan Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review