Asparagus Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 cups zesty Italian dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1. Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine asparagus with the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup: 307 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Asparagus Pasta Salad
"This is a great salad. I followed the recipe except for making changes to the proteins. I coated the chicken in Italian seasoning and then braised 1" cubes. Using the same pan I put 1 lb of raw shrimp coated with dill weed and cooked until pink on both sides. I let them both cool and followed the rest of the recipe. I'll definitely make this again."
"Great pasta salad!"