Asparagus Pasta Salad Recipe
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law while visiting her in Texas. I usually prepare this salad in the summer as a light evening meal for my family or as an extra-special lunch for friends.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 cups zesty Italian dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1. Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine asparagus with the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 307 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Pasta Salad
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2013
"Great pasta salad!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC