I got this recipe from my sister-in-law while visiting her in Texas. I usually prepare this salad in the summer as a light evening meal for my family or as an extra-special lunch for friends.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 cups zesty Italian dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine asparagus with the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Pasta Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p65
Reviews for Asparagus Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2013
"Great pasta salad!"