- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh basil, oregano and rosemary
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the asparagus. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, ham, basil, oregano and rosemary. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add asparagus mixture and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Pasta Primavera in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p27
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Pasta Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2008
"This recipe has way too much garlic. It overwelmed all the other flavors"