Asparagus Pasta Primavera Recipe
There's plenty of fresh herb flavor in this delicious pasta meal that blends asparagus, ham, mushrooms and plum tomatoes. Sometimes I like to use spinach linguine or fettuccine. -William Anatooskin Burnaby, British Columbia
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh basil, oregano and rosemary
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the asparagus. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, ham, basil, oregano and rosemary. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add asparagus mixture and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Pasta Primavera
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC