Asparagus Omelet Recipe
When my husband and I created this recipe when trying to use up leftover asparagus and hollandaise sauce. The vegetable-filled omelet gets its irresistible flavor from the creamy sauce and a nice crunch from crumbled bacon. We think this is special enough for company.
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, prepare the hollandaise sauce mix with milk and butter according to package directions; keep warm.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute mushrooms until tender; set aside.
- 3. Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- 4. Coat a 10-in. skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat; add 3/4 cup beaten eggs (3 eggs) to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 5. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle a fourth of the asparagus, 1/4 cup cheese and a fourth of the mushrooms on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Repeat for remaining omelets. Top with hollandaise sauce and bacon. Yield: 4 omelets.
1 each: 736 calories, 60g fat (26g saturated fat), 723mg cholesterol, 967mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Omelet
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2012
"I omitted the mushrooms...still delicious"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC