Asparagus Omelet Recipe
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, prepare the hollandaise sauce mix with milk and butter according to package directions; keep warm.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute mushrooms until tender; set aside.
- 3. Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- 4. Coat a 10-in. skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat; add 3/4 cup beaten eggs (3 eggs) to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 5. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle a fourth of the asparagus, 1/4 cup cheese and a fourth of the mushrooms on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Repeat for remaining omelets. Top with hollandaise sauce and bacon. Yield: 4 omelets.
1 each: 736 calories, 60g fat (26g saturated fat), 723mg cholesterol, 967mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Asparagus Omelet
"I omitted the mushrooms...still delicious"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.