This pretty side dish is an excellent way to serve one of the first springtime vegetables from our garden. I never have leftovers since everyone goes for the fresh taste of the asparagus, the crunch of the walnuts and the zippy seasoning. —Margaret Souders Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 50 Recipes We're Cooking Right Now
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus in oil until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the red pepper, walnuts, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes for 2 minutes or until red pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in the broth, soy sauce, sugar and salt; heat through. Add asparagus; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Nut Stir-Fry in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p39
Reviews forAsparagus Nut Stir-Fry
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2010
"Excellent asparagus, lots of flavor."
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2010
"My family loves this! They won't let me fiz asparagus any other way!"