Asparagus Mushroom Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- Tomato wedges and additional paprika, optional
- 1. Cook asparagus in boiling salted water until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a bowl, toss mushrooms with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Combine cream, paprika, salt, pepper and remaining lemon juice; whisk until smooth. Pour over mushrooms; toss to coat.
- 3. Line a large serving platter with romaine. Arrange the asparagus in spoke fashion with stems toward center. Spoon mushrooms into center. If desired, garnish with tomato wedges and paprika. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 106 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Mushroom Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.