Asparagus Mushroom Salad Recipe
When I served this as a main course for a luncheon with friends, everyone asked for the recipe. Occasionally I'll garnish the salad with toasted walnut halves instead of tomatoes to give it some crunch.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- Tomato wedges and additional paprika, optional
- 1. Cook asparagus in boiling salted water until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a bowl, toss mushrooms with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Combine cream, paprika, salt, pepper and remaining lemon juice; whisk until smooth. Pour over mushrooms; toss to coat.
- 3. Line a large serving platter with romaine. Arrange the asparagus in spoke fashion with stems toward center. Spoon mushrooms into center. If desired, garnish with tomato wedges and paprika. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 106 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Mushroom Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC