Asparagus Mushroom Quiche Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges.
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in asparagus. Transfer to crust. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, basil, salt and pepper; pour over top.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Mushroom Quiche(3)
Sort By :
EASY AND YUMMY!!
I made this recipe a few times and really like the creamy filling. I do make my own crust using both butter and shortening.
I was hesitant to make this when I saw that there wasn't any cheese in the ingredients, but I sure didn't miss it. Great flavor and turned out perfectly. I will be adding this to my quiche files.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >