Asparagus Mushroom Quiche Recipe
Nothing says Mother’s Day like a quiche. The buttery crust and fresh fillings—in this case, spring favorites asparagus, mushrooms and onion—show Mom how much you care. But don’t be intimidated: A super-easy refrigerated pastry makes this recipe a cinch to put together. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing YIELD:8 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in asparagus. Transfer to crust. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, basil, salt and pepper; pour over top.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 326 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC