Asparagus Mushroom Quiche Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in asparagus. Transfer to crust. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, basil, salt and pepper; pour over top.
Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 326 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Mushroom Quiche
"This is one of the best quiche recipes ever. I made it with morels that a friend gave me. Didn't miss the cheese at all. Easy to make & sooo good."
"EASY AND YUMMY!!"
"I made this recipe a few times and really like the creamy filling. I do make my own crust using both butter and shortening."
"I was hesitant to make this when I saw that there wasn't any cheese in the ingredients, but I sure didn't miss it. Great flavor and turned out perfectly. I will be adding this to my quiche files."