Asparagus Mushroom Quiche Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in asparagus. Transfer to crust. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, basil, salt and pepper; pour over top.
Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap quiche; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 326 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Mushroom Quiche
"This is one of the best quiche recipes ever. I made it with morels that a friend gave me. Didn't miss the cheese at all. Easy to make & sooo good."
"EASY AND YUMMY!!"
"I made this recipe a few times and really like the creamy filling. I do make my own crust using both butter and shortening."
"I was hesitant to make this when I saw that there wasn't any cheese in the ingredients, but I sure didn't miss it. Great flavor and turned out perfectly. I will be adding this to my quiche files."