Asparagus Mushroom Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
You can now find sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms in the produce section of your local grocery store.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry the asparagus, water chestnuts, mushrooms and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and ginger. Pour over vegetables. Return beef to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in tomato. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup beef mixture (calculated without rice) equals 338 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,040 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Mushroom Beef Stir-Fry
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC