Asparagus Mushroom Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry the asparagus, water chestnuts, mushrooms and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and ginger. Pour over vegetables. Return beef to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in tomato. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 338 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1040mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Mushroom Beef Stir-Fry
"Very tasty, I added bell pepper too. We had no leftovers and I REALLY wanted some more. This will definitely make it to our table regularly."
"Super easy, inexpensive and quick! Even my husband really liked it and he doesn't normally like asian foods. I did not find it overly salty but did have to add a little extra cornstarch. Great for leftovers too."
"I added 1/3 cup of water and 1/2 tsp more of cornstarch to tone down the saltiness and it turned out good."
"I just made this yesterday and we found it delicious, will definately make it again. We love chinese food and any stir fry that we have tried. This one however rates as wonderful."
"what is hoisin sauce,and how to prerare it ?"