- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Drizzle with lemon juice. Chill until serving. Yield: 15 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews for Asparagus Mozzarella Salad
"This was delicious, but next time I'll use white balsamic vinegar. The dark vinegar discolored the fresh mozzarella and made it look less appetizing!"
"This was very good. I did use roma tomatoes and chopped them up a bit. And I cut the recipe down to serve 4. I will be making this again real soon."
"This is a nice refreshing spring salad, especially when asparagus is just in season! I brought this to school for my Salad Club and had great comments about it!"
"Made this for a party, it was a hit. Will be making this many more times."
"What a wonderful and fresh recipe! Perfect along just about anything for dinner or for a potluck!"