Asparagus Lover's Stir-Fry Recipe
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 cups fresh asparagus pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Stir-fry celery over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add asparagus and onions; stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl; set aside. Add remaining oil to the skillet. Stir-fry chicken, orange peel and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch, water, orange juice, orange juice concentrate and soy sauce until smooth; stir into skillet along with reserved vegetables. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened and vegetables are heated through. Stir in almonds. Serve over rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 205 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.