- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 cups fresh asparagus pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Stir-fry celery over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add asparagus and onions; stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl; set aside. Add remaining oil to the skillet. Stir-fry chicken, orange peel and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Combine the cornstarch, water, orange juice, orange juice concentrate and soy sauce until smooth; stir into skillet along with reserved vegetables. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened and vegetables are heated through. Stir in almonds. Serve over rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus-Lover's Stir-Fry in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p41
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Asparagus-Lover's Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review