Asparagus Linguine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil and butter until tender. Add asparagus; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add wine or broth; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Drain linguine; add to asparagus mixture. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 245 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.