Asparagus Lemon Pasta Recipe
“This is a wonderful side dish alongside grilled meats,” shares Donna Lascher of Sun Lakes, Arizona. Summery asparagus and citrus star in the refreshing accompaniment that's ready to serve in no time flat.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Beau Monde seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 6 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve or refrigerate. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 164 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC