“This is a wonderful side dish alongside grilled meats,” shares Donna Lascher of Sun Lakes, Arizona. Summery asparagus and citrus star in the refreshing accompaniment that's ready to serve in no time flat.
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Beau Monde seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 6 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve or refrigerate. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Lemon Pasta in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p50
Reviews for Asparagus Lemon Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2016
"My husband and I enjoyed this tasty salad. It was easy to make (I cut the recipe in half) and something a little different than I usually prepare!"