Asparagus Leek Chowder Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the asparagus, mushrooms and leeks in butter for 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- 2. Gradually stir in broth and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in corn and pimientos; heat through. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Leek Chowder
"I had a chicken breast left over from an other meal that wasn't enough to feed the family and it was already thawed so I chopped it and cooked it in the chicken broth and added to the chowder. it was to die for will make this again soon. thanks for the recipe."
"i had gotten this recipe about 4 years ago and my children had loved it. it nice to surve at dinner partys also."
"DEFINATELY WOULD MAKE AGAIN.. I USED BABY BELLA MUSHROOMS AND FROZEN CORN.. AND PROB. 1.5 CUPS OF HALF N HALF...BUT IT WAS EASY AND VG.."
"What a way to welcome spring. I shared it with my neighbor and we both agree that it is absolutely delicious!!"
"Excellent. My whole familiy loved it. To cut down on calories, I did make it with 2 % milk and it was fine."
"Love It! This is quite hearty and very tasty. My whole family loves it. Serve it with some cheesy texas toast."