Asparagus in Vinaigrette Recipe
"This chilled asparagus side dish is light and tangy. It's quick to fix, too," notes field editor Sonja Blow of Reeds Spring, Missouri.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Place in a bowl; add the green onions, green pepper, pickle relish and garlic.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over asparagus mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 102 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus in Vinaigrette
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC