Asparagus in Vinaigrette Recipe
"This chilled asparagus side dish is light and tangy. It's quick to fix, too," notes field editor Sonja Blow of Reeds Spring, Missouri.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Place in a bowl; add the green onions, green pepper, pickle relish and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over asparagus mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus in Vinaigrette in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p8
Reviews for Asparagus in Vinaigrette(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review