I never have leftovers when I serve this attractive and deliciously creamy side dish. It's easy to prepare, too.
- 3 cups cubed seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix with 1/2 cup butter or water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in asparagus and mushrooms. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus In The Round in Country April/May 2004, p49
Reviews for Asparagus In The Round
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review