Asparagus in Corn Crepes Recipe
It's impressive on a buffet, but this dish is not as complicated as it looks. Thin sweet corn pancakes are wrapped around fresh asparagus and topped with an easy cream cheese sauce and pistachios. The flavors blend so well! -Lillian Julow, Lawrenceville, GA
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 60 thin asparagus spears (about 2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1. In a food processor or blender, cover and process corn until pureed. Add the flour, cream, eggs, butter, salt and pepper; pulse until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack the crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. In a small saucepan, heat milk and cream cheese over low until melted; stir until blended. Stir in the salt, pepper and nutmeg; keep warm. Steam the asparagus for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 4. Place stack of crepes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 10-15 seconds or until warmed. To assemble, fold each crepe around four asparagus spears. Place seam side down on a serving dish; drizzle with cream sauce. Garnish with pistachios. Serve immediately. Yield: 15 servings.
1 each: 235 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus in Corn Crepes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC