- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus (about 18 spears), trimmed
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham, julienned
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, salt and pepper to a boil. Add flour and cheese; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread dough over the bottom of a greased 10-in. quiche pan or pie plate, forming a shell by pushing dough from center toward the edges. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until puffed around the edges and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Add 1/2 in. of water to a large skillet; add asparagus and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Arrange ham and asparagus in center of puff. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Hollandaise Puff in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p161
Reviews for Asparagus Hollandaise Puff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review