Asparagus Ham Wraps
"These are a nice alternative to your typical ham and cheese sandwiches," says Jillian Moseley-Willians of Barrie, Ontario. "You can replace the Swiss cheese with Brie or Camembert, then heat the sandwich in the oven or microwave until the cheese is melted," she adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 16 fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4 thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Place asparagus in a shallow microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of
- water. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Spread 1 tablespoon of
- mayonnaise over each tortilla. Top each one with one slice ham, two
- slices of cheese and four asparagus spears; roll up. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 wrap (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise. lean ham and reduced-fat cheese) equals 305 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.