Asparagus Ham Tartlets Recipe
We have our own asparagus patch, and each spring I look forward to making treats like these tartlets. I enjoy them as a mini meal or as appetizers. They freeze well and are very popular at parties. -Elaine Anderson Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 18 fresh asparagus tips (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in 3/4 cup flour and cornmeal. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Shape dough into 18 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk egg and cream. Stir in remaining flour until smooth. Add cheese and ham.
- 4. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each cup. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Top each tart with an asparagus tip. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 17-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 112 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Tartlets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC