Asparagus Ham Tartlets Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 18 fresh asparagus tips (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in 3/4 cup flour and cornmeal. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Shape dough into 18 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk egg and cream. Stir in remaining flour until smooth. Add cheese and ham.
- 4. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each cup. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Top each tart with an asparagus tip. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 17-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 112 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Tartlets
"I did not even serve these, they were so dry, I just tossed them out.."
"can these be done in advance"