Asparagus Ham Tartlets Recipe
We have our own asparagus patch, and each spring I look forward to making treats like these tartlets. I enjoy them as a mini meal or as appetizers. They freeze well and are very popular at parties. -Elaine Anderson Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 18 fresh asparagus tips (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in 3/4 cup flour and cornmeal. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 18 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and cream. Stir in remaining flour until smooth. Add cheese and ham.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each cup. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Top each tart with an asparagus tip. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 17-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Asparagus Ham Tartlets in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p40
Reviews for Asparagus Ham Tartlets(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >